Come join our team! DuPont has an opening for an Application Development Principal Investigator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be instrumental in supporting the Aerospace Composite Segment within the Protection Solutions business (which includes the Nomex®, Kevlar®, and Tyvek® product lines) through new product and application development in the area of high performance composite structures. JOB DESCRIPTION (functional responsibilities): Composites Technology Guardian: This role requires the deep understanding of structure-property relationships in the areas of mechanical, acoustic, thermal, and electrical as part of the composite application development process for the commercial aerospace, auto, and other mobility segments. Customers in these segments require high performance composite structures to meet a range of multi-functional requirements. The successful candidate should have practical knowledge in fibers, fibrous structures, thermoplastic & thermoset resins, honeycomb and monolithic composites, other composite types, and other composite-related materials. Knowledge related to composite design, prototyping, testing, and composite process development is also important. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in industry-related groups and committees. New Applications Development: Within a cross functional global segment team, work with applications development, marketing, and sales professionals to translate market trends and voice of the customer information into product performance measures, develop composite prototypes, and drive the evaluation of new composite prototypes with select customers. Move from “concept to commercialization”, providing commercial solutions which enhance the business product portfolio in alignment with the global segment strategy. DuPont is an Equal Opportunity Employer DuPont is an e-Verify Employer *LI-AB1
Knowledge & experience:
- PhD: Materials Science, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of composites or related industry experience, preferably in an R&D or Manufacturing environment.
- Practical knowledge in fibers, fibrous structures, thermoplastic & thermoset resins, honeycomb and monolithic composites, other composite types, and other composite-related materials.
- Knowledge of composite design, testing, prototyping, and processing is required.
- Knowledge of composite modelling is a plus.
- Solid project management skills
- Understanding of basic business processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, cross functional, global work environment
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively across functions and regions, particularly at customer interface.
- Strong innovative and conceptual capacity
- Results oriented; combined with attention to detail and a focus on quality
In addition to Richmond, Virginia, candidates can also be located in the following locations: DuPont Labs in either Geneva, Switzerland or Shanghai, China.