Our client, a manufacturer of high-end spas and hot tubs headquartered in Richmond, VA, (position is virtual) is currently seeking a highly capable National Sales Manager (NSM). This position is one of the most critical positions in the entire company. The NSM is responsible for the staffing, training, travel, and performance of the entire field team. The NSM must show up before the show/event starts to make sure the product is present and arranged correctly as well as stay after to finish paperwork, and coordinate delivery crews. The NSM must manage the team to produce the highest possible gross margin and sales volume. The NSM is the “Closer”.
- Pick the team that has the privilege to be at each show based on the team member’s performance, and the size of the show
- Supervise booking travel to the show, and the accommodations while at the show
- Work with show setup crews to make sure the show is setup correctly, and enough closing tables and chairs are in place.
- Supervise the setting-up of correct signage for the event, and ensure that laborers are ready to hold signs pointing to the venue
- Hold frequent meetings with the staff before, during, and after the event to strategize how to maximize the results, and have each team member sign the Show Policies and Procedures.
- Communicate to the CEO any issues that may adversely affect the outcome of the show, and work with both team members, and upper management to fix, or mitigate these issues immediately
- Responsible for inventory in, and out of every show
- There are 48 shows a year, work days are Thursday to Monday with Tuesday and Wednesday off
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred not required
- 10+ years’ sales experience in a similar selling cycle
- Supervisory experience required
- Knowledge and experience in the Spa industry is preferred
Functional Competencies — Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Behavioral:
- Demonstrated track record of success and performance
- Aggressive, calm under pressure, and be able to move things quickly and effectively
- Must have significant experience with managing highly stressful, fast-paced, high dollar, one shot close sales teams
- Must be able to work a non-traditional work week with 80% travel, coordinating a Friday, Saturday, Sunday show in a different city 48 weekends a year
- Ability to observe, analyze, and strategize a response in an instant to both staff and consumers
- Innate ability to read people, and predict what they will, or will not do in any given situation
- Courage to act on these observations with conviction and determination
- This position will be the main determinate on the positive or negative out-come of every show/event, and indirectly the success or failure of the rest of the companies hard work to prepare for the event
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)