Stone Brewing is looking for a stellar Quality Assurance Technician to join the team! We are looking for someone who has availability to work a 2nd shift and possible weekends.
The Quality Assurance Technician will perform routine laboratory prep work and assisting in the duties for quality checks on Stone Brewing beers and processes.
This position will require availability to work second shift and weekends with a rotating schedule.
- Assists in the collection of sterile samples.
- Prepare stock solutions and medium plates
- Perform Data entry as necessary.
- Assists in the maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to complete and maintain laboratory data
- Perform Autoclaving and decontamination of the laboratory
- Assist in maintaining a professional and clean lab.
- Performs standardized testing on in process and finished beer, which includes but is not limited to the following: IBU’s, Color, pH, Gravity, Carbon dioxide, Dissolved oxygen, seam analysis, Turbidity, Forced Fermentation, ABV
- Organizes and tracks data
- Assists in tracking lab supply inventory.
- Assists in the maintenance and tracking of inventory of museum of packaged beer and arranges for regularly scheduled tastings.
- Prepare Taste Panels as required
- Assists with production issues, including, but not limited to: Yeast culturing, small batch brewing, cask production, and production brewing.
- Maintain safety within the brewery and lab at all times.
Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology or related field, and at least 2 years of laboratory experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. Experience with GMP/GLP a plus. Brewery or food/beverage manufacturing experience a plus
Organizational and Communication Skills:
- Must be able to maintain and organize a laboratory notebook.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize with little direction.
- Works efficiently and accurately.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Team Members and Supervisor.
- Works safely and follows all safety regulations and enforces safety procedures.
Stone Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment drug screening, physical and background check are required.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)