The Business DevelopmentConsultant is tasked with expanding our business reach from medical packaging to the broader healthcare protection space. He/she will investigate core, adjacent, and new markets in search of unmet market needs and attractive opportunities and deploy a variety of strategies (organic and inorganic) to advance growth. He/she will work closely with the global and regional business teams and will manage the process for bringing in and progressing growth opportunities through our pipeline and will provide key inputs to the product development and market launch processes. The role is global in scope and involves both domestic and international travel. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work closely with the Strategy, Growth and Ventures and Product Management teams to organize the pipeline development and management process. Benchmark best practices and work collaboratively to determine and influence the team’s approach to assessing and seeding product growth opportunities.
- Investigate, research, and map core and adjacent markets and segments to identify unmet market needs and opportunities
- Assess both organic and inorganic options to address the opportunities and develop recommendations and optionality related to them.
- Build the business case for new business development programs, including financial and risk assessment models.
- Determine value propositions for key end use segments; provide and refine CTQs for product development.
- Research competition and competitive offerings; determine competitive advantages and risks; forecast potential competitive responses and develop mitigation strategies.
- Continually monitor and refine Voice of Customer (VOC) through the product development cycle
- Serve as the marketing leader for relevant business development projects (i.e. new business development stage gate process).
- Work closely with regional teams to develop market launch plans, including 4Ps by regions. Develop sales tools and lead sales training.
QUALIFICATIONS – REQUIRED
- B.S. or B.A. plus experience working in technically-oriented businesses
- At least 5 years work experience in commercially oriented roles, including marketing, business development, sales, or strategy
- Experience in the medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences industries
- Intellectual curiosity coupled with a strong drive towards execution
- Self-starter and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Strong influence management and ability to work with and gain alignment across a wide range of functions and cultures
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
QUALIFICATIONS – DESIRED
- MBA degree or equivalent work experience
- Early stage innovation experience
- Project management experience
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)