We are looking for an amazing Packaging Operator to join our team in Richmond, VA! This individual must be able to work the 2nd (afternoon) shift as well as possible weekends.
Individuals will perform packaging activities efficiently and safely, incorporating quality in every bottle, keg, can and case within company specifications and schedules. This includes kegging, bottling, canning and warehousing. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Maintain packaging lines, including starting and stopping of equipment
- Accurately complete and update information forms and logs. Raw materials: keep bottle caps, labels, cartons, trays, tray and pallet wraps (plastic rolls), hot melt (glue) in adequate amounts to ensure continuous smooth running of equipment and operation.
- Use software package to accurately track and charge materials to the production orders.
- Effectively communicate to WHSE personnel any and all goods which will need to be returned back to inventory if / when not used.
- Maintain quality requirements in accordance with company standards; accurately filling out inspection sheets based on overall production quality. Responsible for reporting all quality defects or issues/concerns.
- Ability to work in all assigned areas of packaging; perform relief duties when required.
- Perform package change-overs on equipment as required. Use of hand tools to perform change-overs.
- Perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on equipment.
- Load corrugate, labels, bottles/cans/kegs, carriers etc. in appropriate machines.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment with regards to cleaning and clearing them of debris and materials. Assist maintenance with machinery repair or other tasks as needed.
- Watch flow of materials, i.e. cans/bottles/boxes/trays/kegs, etc. into appropriate machine. Clear jams if necessary.
- Ensure that all equipment is on and functioning properly prior to starting a run. Required to set up lines from bright tanks to beer line manifolds to keg/can/bottle lines. Ensure correct beer in those lines. Perform line Sanitation between beer changes.
- Must do visual inspection of boxes to ensure proper box/tray is used and the graphics on the box/tray are acceptable. Must ensure proper coding is on the bottle, cans, boxes/trays, and kegs.
- Report any major defects or quality issues to the shift lead or supervisor.
- Monitor machines while running. Check to see that all bottles/cans/kegs are packed into boxes and on pallets correctly.
- Understand and follow safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- Housekeeping: maintain general housekeeping in all areas of production, including the break rooms and rest rooms. Bale plastic, cardboard and contaminated bottles/cans/kegs when needed; dispose of materials when needed. Keep work area clean at all times.
- Ensure that all packaging equipment and the packaging area are completely 100% clean and sanitary, ready for the following day’s or shift’s production.
- Operate forklift in safe and efficient manner. Stage/move/load/unload materials.
- Handle chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures
High school education or GED. Must have at least 1 year of related experience working in a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably beverage packaging (beer, soda, milk, water). 6 months of increased responsibilities in related technical/mechanical position in a production environment preferred. Previous bottle, can or keg filling experience is preferred. Previous forklift experience preferred. Must have mechanical aptitude. Ignition program and AX knowledge is a plus.
Stone Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.