Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Field Service (Cryogenic) Technician covering theRichmond, VAarea!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas! Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the nation’s leading single-source supplier of gases, welding, and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Cryogenic Field Service Technician is responsible for installing and servicing on-site nitrogen generation plants and bulk medical or industrial gas systems in a safe and operationally effective manner, in accordance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes, and Airgas policies. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs and maintains nitrogen on-site generation equipment.
- Installs cryogenic bulk installations both at Airgas facilities and customer sites.
- Able to respond to emergencies 24 hours per day. Arrangements for emergency coverage are made when a technician is unavailable for personal reasons or paid time off.
- Repairs pressure reduction equipment associated with bulk delivery systems.
- Analyze and make general repairs to electrical systems associated with N2 generation and cryogenic installations, including: motor controls and relays, low pressure, high pressure and liquid level alarm systems.
- Installs decals and warning signs for the proper identification of hazards, warnings, ownership, normal operational settings, emergency contacts, etc.
- Performs installation of piping systems in accordance with company SOP’s.
- Performs Site Surveys to assure compliance with all federal, state/provincial and local codes.
- Assures security fencing is provided to protect installations from tampering or unauthorized entry.
- Performs periodic preventative maintenance tasks on N2 generation equipment based on the PM schedule.
- Performs annual inspections of all bulk installation sites to assure their condition and correct operation.
- Adheres to and ensures that safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintains an appropriate stock of recommended parts necessary to repair typical installations within the assigned customer base.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC or refrigeration certification, electrical experience, or ASSE Medical Gas Credentials are a plus.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Certified Brazer Certificate, within 30 days of employment
- Minimum of two (2) years of industrial field service experience, preferably in gas generations systems. .
- Detailed understanding of NFPA 99 and NFPA 55 requirements.
- Understand the characteristics and hazards of cryogenic and high pressure gases in general, and have specific knowledge and understanding of the products, containers and piping systems which will be encountered in the performance of their job duties.
- Hands on experience with cryogenic equipment, pressure piping, compressors, as well as, proven ability to troubleshoot system problems.
- Working knowledge of welding, brazing processes (specifically silver brazing).
- Ability to perform regulator repairs, repair piping/liquid leaks, etc.is a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints and design specifications, manufacturer drawings, architectural drawings related to bulk delivery sites associated with customer installations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook E-mail).
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of explaining information to customers and employees.
- Ability to set goals and manage time to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and achievement of goals are accomplished and manage and execute multiple tasks or priorities as necessary
- Considerable independent judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations; demonstrating tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers; and handling proprietary information.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, a positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Employee will regularly be required to transverse through office and/or manufacturing locations.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange information.
- Employee will be required to observe and assess information.
- Requires use of computer, telephone and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Ability to move / lift materials weighing 25-75 pounds; frequent bending, twisting and reaching motions; climbing of ladders, stairs and truck beds; perform various physical maneuvers to complete essential functions of the job.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime (days, evenings, and weekends, if necessary).
- Extended periods of standing and/or sitting.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate to high.
- Must be able to work outdoors in a wide range of temperatures.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- Frequent local travel within 2 hours of home (90%).
- Occasional overnight travel.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation. Service truck will be provided after initial training phase.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas. Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...! EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Primary Location:United States-Virginia-Richmond-23223
Job Posting:Oct 2, 2017, 2:39:42 PM
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)