The Global Growth Leader is responsible for bringing the business’ growth strategy to life through a portfolio of programs aimed at achieving growth objectives through a balanced approach of Reward, Risk and Time. To do this, the Global Growth Leader must collaborate with business leaders to build and dynamically manage the portfolio of innovation-led growth programs for the business. Tyvek® Typar® is a >$1B business and the growth portfolio is expected to deliver a minimum of >3% incremental CAGR, above and beyond the growth of the core business. The role has a dual reporting relationship. The primary reporting relationship is to the DPS Strategy Growth & Ventures Director. Business reporting relationship is to the Tyvek® Typar® Business Director. Responsibilities The Global Growth Leader will be the key growth catalyst for the Global business leader for Innovation Led growth and In-organic growth.
- Builds and manages the growth portfolio.
- Ensure the growth processes that support this are simple, effective and efficient.
- Measure the performance of the portfolio using right metrics and brings to the attention of leadership to make right decisions
- Strategically shapes the portfolio to reduce top line risk; rousting the portfolio vs uncertainties.
- Drives pipeline building efforts that address strategic opportunities and challenges.
- Owns the portfolio management process for the business and runs the growth board.
- Balances the growth portfolio and related investment with respect to time, risk and reward.
- Works to continuously improve the return on our growth investment.
- Works across the business to ID and drive growth efforts “between and beyond” the segments.
- Liaises with the SG&V growth team leader to secure “best fit” leveraged resources to support growth.
- Challenges business “orthodoxies”, provoking and facilitating innovative thought and action.
- Works with the segments to shape their strategies and identify innovation led and in-organic growth options.
- Champion “open innovation” mindset and behavior in the organization.
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Global Growth Leader will:
- Collaborate closely with the Global Segment Business and Applications Development Leaders to translate segment growth strategies into growth programs, clearly mapped to the strategic growth themes for the segments.
- Collaborate closely with the Business Director, Global Segment Business and Applications Development Leaders, Global Product Managers and other key leaders to translate segment growth strategies into an integrated business strategy that supports segment growth strategies, supported by growth programs leveraged across the line of business.
- Establish growth metrics, targets and drive continuous improvement of our ability to deliver growth across time horizons.
- Lead the business’ portfolio management process (strategic context, pipeline building, portfolio building, prioritization and planning and program/project execution) and manage the growth board to ensure that portfolio management is executed with excellence across multiple time horizons.
The Global Growth Leader will also play the role in:
- Manage growth programs and/or projects.
- Serve as the Tyvek® Typar® business strategy and planning leader.
- Serve as the business leader for inorganic (M&A) growth opportunities outside the core.
- Serve as an internal growth consultant, working with segment teams to develop and improve growth strategies.
Proficiencies & Skills The candidate for the Global Growth Leader position must:
- Have strong business acumen, including strategic marketing.
- Have strong financial, modeling and analytical skills.
- Manage a team of cross-functional business leaders to make critical portfolio decisions.
- Succeed through influence; individual in this position must be a growth catalyst.
- Engender the trust of business leaders to be able to leverage skills to work “on the inside”.
- Be comfortable challenging conventions (“orthodoxies”) to drive innovation.
- Help teams think creatively about innovative business models and approaches.
- Work across strategic, tactical and detail levels, as appropriate.
- 5 years, or more, in innovation management role
- Experience developing and implement growth strategies
- Portfolio management experience preferred
- Project management, with PMO (project management office) experience preferred
- Private Equity and M&A experience will be preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineer, business/marketing, finance
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel, 20% to 35%
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)