Manages all aspects of a highly complex and visible program(s) and or program, typically for the enterprise. Develops business cases/cost benefit analyses. Establishes detailed program plans. Identifies and coordinates all necessary resources. Program leader for cost productivity efforts at Spruance to deliver competitive manufacturing cost performance while maintaining key performance drivers.
The DuPont Protection Solutions division located in Spruance, Virginia, is focused on protecting lives, protecting critical processes, and protecting the environment and buildings. The segment serves customers in markets which include construction, transportation, communications, industrial chemicals, oil and gas, electric utilities, automotive, manufacturing, defense, security, and safety consulting. The DPS SBU produces some of the best-known product lines in DuPont such as Kevlar®, Nomex®, Tyvek®, and Corian®. We are looking for a result oriented Program Manager who will drive cross functional teams toward successful execution. This role will establish and lead programs, identify / coordinate necessary resources across functions to successfully deliver significant cost and productivity improvement programs aligned with the business priorities. Work with Operations, Make to Deliver, and Manufacturing Technology leaders, as well as project leaders, to establish and monitor program timeframes, budgets, and deliverables. The Program Manager also has responsibilities for oversight and control of any outside resources (DuEt, Consultants, etc…) to ensure timely delivery of integrated improvement programs across Manufacturing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead the Cost Productivity efforts through coordination at the site, functional and LBO (Tyvek®, Nomex®, and Kevlar®) levels to drive a fully integrated approach to deliver a significant improvement to the cost competitiveness and structure of the Site within the next 2 years.
-Work closely with Operations and Manufacturing Technical leadership to drive a culture of Operational Excellence
- Define and follow project management methods, procedures, and establish clear metrics for assessing progress.
- Balance workload, provide technical and analytical guidance and work direction to project teams, including scheduling, assignment of work, reviews of project efforts, and identification of roadblocks which inhibit project success. Coordinate with the functional management for resources required to complete tasks.
- Ensure project teams have the tools and training required to perform effectively. Provide the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to project performance.
- Identify potential areas for improvement in current project management methodologies and provide coaching to project team members, functional and business managers.
- Help project leads assess variances from the project plans, budgets and schedules, develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure that improvement efforts deliver results within time, cost, and quality objectives, and keep visible to management.
- Help the site to reach KPI performance targets and identify and implement plant COTs.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering or Science related field strongly preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ project/program, process manager experience leading process or improvement type projects required
- Minimum of 8+ years of operations, or manufacturing technical leadership experience required
- Experience with financial analysis, business, and operations / technical performance measures
- Experience in risk and change management
- Experience in a “influence management” role or related internal consultancy role
- Experience benchmarking in similar industries to identifybest practices.
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques, tools, and management techniques
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Strong base capability in analytical and data related tools (excel, power point, MS project).
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)