Asset Scheduler Position Overview: Accountable for day-to-day activities required to create and maintain detailed production/supply schedules based on the master scheduling input or established pull signals. Point person between the supply organization and plant to clearly define / understand short term production issues and supply needs between the organizations. Utilizes detailed capacity plans, and interfaces with area managers and supervisors and/or production teams. Responsibilities:
- Issue detailed schedule for each asset based on a final time-phased production plan.
- Manage daily production schedules during planning horizon.
- Manage production details in line with business strategy (cost, rate, inventory and uptime).
- Assure schedule is continually maintained and communicated throughout the supply chain.
- Highlight and actively participate in the identification and resolution of inventory, customer order issues, and quality issues as they develop. Work closely with Master scheduler and order planning personnel.
- Communicate production issues, supply changes, deviations from plan and potential resolutions to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate secondary processing of finished product (e.g., rework and repackaging).
- Manage performance standards and analysis methods to compare actual production performance against the established standards.
- Monitoring process orders & assuring closed as needed, accurate process orders are used to maintain system & data integrity
- Primary interface between manufacturing and supply chain.
- Works with manufacturing to optimize the plant schedule along with manufacturing capabilities.
- Co-ordinates the production planning with maintenance planning and scheduling needs.
- Validate material availability against asset schedule
- Valid Detailed Daily Schedule
- Valid Master data (supports Daily Schedule and BOM and recipe)
- Communication of Daily Schedule
- Detailed Daily schedule adheres to policy/guidelines
- Support process improvement for the production schedule
- Balance and reconcile production in short term horizon to meet customer requirements and manufacturing needs within policy.
- Key issues to escalate based on policies
- Production Schedule Compliance (Performance & Stability)
- Process order compliance.
- 1 - 3 Year equivalent Supply Chain or manufacturing plant experience with proven capability (Material Planner, Asset Scheduler, First Line Supervisor, Product Planner/Coordinator, administrative, customer service representative)
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail scheduling experience using SAP and APO
- Must have very strong Excel skills.
- Must have some type of ERP background
- APICs certification
Training / Certifications
- Six Sigma (Green Belt certification)
- Complete the CPIM Part 1 course and pass the exam (either before or on the job); effective 2017
- Material Planner experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or science field of study.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)