DuPont Pioneer currently has an opening for a Territory Manager inthe Richmond, VA area. What do we expect from you? Sales:
- Responsible for direct selling larger accounts within assigned territory.
- Team selling with local sellers to accounts in that area – includes on farm sales calls for both existing customers and prospects.
- Directly manage the assignment of customers and prospects to sales representatives.
- Identify customer and prospect opportunities and establish a plan to capitalize on these opportunities with sellers.
Technical skills/product understanding:
- Maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Pioneer products and services.
- Troubleshoot customer complaints and work to resolve them.
- Provide agronomic support and advice to growers and prospects.
- Manage direct selling activities to assigned accounts which includes developing and maintaining the relationship and servicing the account either personally or through an assigned point of sale.
- Provide necessary skills and knowledge training to meet sales performance objectives.
- Coach sales team to enhance selling activity, differentiate products/services, and build relationships.
- Serve as a role model, teacher and coach to sales representatives, demonstrating sales skills and customer responsiveness.
- Recruit, select, and retain a high quality professional sales force that can meet the needs of customers.
- Set sales targets and tactical plans with each sales rep for assigned customers and prospects.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent, in Agronomy, Business, or Marketing required. Will consider other degrees with related field sales experience.
- At least 5 years sales experience, managing and coaching individuals.
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and coach.
- Agronomy and crop production practices preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work in a rural environment
- Ability to pass driving record background check
What you can expect from us:
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive health, vision, and dental insurance
- Sales incentive bonus plan
- 100% 401k company match
- 3 weeks paid time-off to start
- 12 paid holidays
- Company provided cell phone, laptop, vehicle, and business expense account
- Work-life balance – varied mix of working from home office and spending time out in the field
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)