Seeking a new and challenging opportunity to further enhance your career? DuPont currently has a development opportunity for an Asset Scheduler to join our Spruance, Virginia site. This position will be accountable for day-to-day activities required to create and maintain detailed production/supply schedules based on the master scheduling input or established pull signals. The point person between the supply organization and plant to clearly define/understand short term production issues and supply needs between the organizations. This position utilizes detailed capacity plans, and interfaces with area managers and supervisors and/or production teams.
The ideal candidate will have2-3 Year’s equivalent Supply Chain ormanufacturing plant experience with proven capability (Material Planner, First Line Supervisor, Product Planner/Coordinator, administrative, customer service representative)
- Issue detailed schedule for each asset based on a final time-phased production plan.
- Manage daily production schedules during planning horizon.
- Manage production details in line with business strategy (cost, rate, inventory and uptime).
- Assure schedule is continually maintained and communicated throughout the supply chain.
- Highlight and actively participate in the identification and resolution of inventory, customer order issues, and quality issues as they develop. Work closely with Master scheduler and order planning personnel.
- Communicate production issues, supply changes, deviations from plan and potential resolutions to appropriate parties.
- Coordinate secondary processing of finished product (e.g., rework and repackaging).
- Manage performance standards and analysis methods to compare actual production performance against the established standards.
- Monitoring process orders & assuring closed as needed, accurate process orders are used to maintain system & data integrity
- Primary interface between manufacturing and supply chain.
- Works with manufacturing to optimize the plant schedule along with manufacturing capabilities.
- Co-ordinates the production planning with maintenance planning and scheduling needs.
- Validate material availability against asset schedule
To be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, or science field of study.
- 1-3 Year equivalent Supply Chain or Manufacturing plant experience with proven capability (Material Planner, First Line Supervisor, Product Planner/Coordinator, administrative, customer service representative)
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
The following are preferred, but not necessary:
- Detail scheduling experience using SAP and APO/SCM
- Six Sigma (Green Belt Certification)
- Completed the CPIM Part 1 course and pass the exam (either before or on the job)
- Material Planner experience
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at