Field Service Engineer II
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) performs customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of instruments in assigned territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work.
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs and planned maintenance service
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM’s.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows Life Technologies travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, biology, chemistry or related field or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in a related science, engineering and/or customer facing role
- Masters level degree
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostics and/or other regulated environment
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes
- Experience in related product applications
Frequent travel to customer site is required and ranges from 25-75% of work time. Works both in home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.