Vcu Health Has An Immediate Opening For An Internal Medicine-Pediatric Physician
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of General Medicine
Internal Medicine - Pediatrics (Med - Peds) Primary Care Physician
VCU Health System is recruiting for a Med-Peds trained primary care physician to join two existing Med-Peds physicians in a busy and growing satellite clinic in Chesterfield, Virginia, approximately 20 miles South of the University Medical Center.
Our physicians provide primary care to adults and children of all ages in a 7200 square foot office space located in Suburban Chesterfield, Virginia. The office space is shared with pediatric neurology, adult and pediatric allergy and immunology, and adult nephrology for a collegial atmosphere. A phlebotomist is on site.
A typical day for our physicians is a mixture of health maintenance and sick visits across the age continuum.
Physicians are supported by Certified Medical Assistants, LPNs, RNs, Clinical Coordinator, Patient Access Representatives, and Practice Administrator.
VCU Health/Chesterfield is pleased to have been recognized by Senior Leadership for its strong commitment to collaborative team concept and to safety while providing quality care to our patients.
Physicians receive academic appointment in the Department of Internal Medicine and have opportunity for teaching medical students and residents as desired.
- Address acute, chronic, and preventative care needs of community patients to help them reach their optimized wellness goals
- Maintain detailed electronic medical records
- Participate in team meetings
- Shared night and weekend call is 1 in 3, though call is by phone only and is generally very light
- No Newborn Nursery, NICU, ER, or inpatient work is required
- Supervise medical students, residents as opportunities evolve
- Quality improvement and clinical research opportunities available
- Residency training in a Combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics residency with Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Internal Medicine and in Pediatrics.
Show Contact DetailsInquiries may be directed to Stacey B. Ellis, Physician Recruiter
Show Contact Details804-628-9660