DuPont Safety & Construction has a full-time position available for a dedicated business development / technical marketing professional responsible for the management key customer/market facing programs and the ‘downstream selling’ of Nomex®-based technologies in the Automotive, Industrial motor, and/or Transformer markets.
This position will be a primary interface with product development and technical service resources working to serve the market to support current business and develop new products in this market, including our customer’s design team, our materials technical specialists. This position will work closely with targeted accounts to identify requirements, develop projects, fill the opportunity pipeline, and achieve design specifications.
This position would also be responsible for identifying, qualifying, nurturing, and closing new OEM and end-user business. Additionally, this role will aid in optimizing DuPont’s Nomex® paper value chain and route to market in the Electric Vehicle (xEV) space and/or Transformer space. This position would require strong technical aptitude combined with sales and customer facing capabilities.
The successful candidate will work independently within an assigned vertical space (i.e. power transmission and distribution) while managing all aspects of the selling process and developing key relationships throughout all levels & functions within an account as well as industry influencers. The individual should also be able to demonstrate that he or she possesses the skills that will enable a deep understanding of the customer’s business processes. The role is highly consultative and requires a strong degree of influence management across the customer base.
Time Commitment Required: 3 – 5 years (3 years minimum)
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, Business or a related field is preferred while an MBA is also a key differentiator.
- 4-5 yearsdemonstrated sales performance record of growing new business, building customer relationships, networking and business development experience are essential.
- Candidate must have a strong foundation and bias towards the understanding of and ability to manage the sales pipeline including the ability to quantify, prioritize opportunities on a monthly/quarterly basis, and close sales while displaying exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Previous experience with ‘Challenger selling’ and/or in vertical markets utilizing customer VOC to develop and support market opportunities would be ideal.
- Key deliverables include: Scouting ideas to validate, Validate concepts internally and externally, Experimenting and piloting new business concepts, Acting as an “intrapreneur” to create new business.
Strong communications and organizational skills
Ability to obtain results working with a Team in a matrix organization
Experience in an OEM and/or Key Account business role
Proven and respected liquid-filled transformer / liquid industry professional
A self-starter and pro-active, requiring little to no daily guidance
Technical aptitude/capability to discuss Nomex® T910 and liquid with limited to no DuPont applications technical support during customer interactions
Candidate would be focused on OEM and End-Users in NA/NAFT
Minimum Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & SalesForce.com are essential
Travel:Primary travel is in North America and is estimated at a minimum of 50% due to significant face time required to interact with key customers and influencers within the Energy Solutions market space.
This position can be based in DPT-Richmond, DPT-Wilmington, or could be a home office position but proximity to DuPont Safety & Construction’s Energy Solutions laboratory and testing facilities (Richmond, VA) would be beneficial. There is no relocation available for this position.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)