Job Code: 00035-37554
Days (rotating weekends)
For a limited, time CJW is offering sign on bonuses to nurses who have at minimum 2 years of nursing experience. We are offering $10,000 for night shift and $7,500 for day shift. Current HCA employees do not qualify.
Johnston-Willis Hospital,a 292-bed acute care facility, is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Among other awards and certifications, the Joint Commission has awarded Johnston-Willis Hospital the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement. Our ER is also the only state-authorized Level III Trauma Center in Chesterfield County.
Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci® robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia and is the first in Virginia to be designated as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS) by the Surgical Review Corporation.
Additional information about our Operating Room:
- 16 OR Suite
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
- Types of surgeries conducted: Thoracic, colorectal, general gynecology, gynecological oncology, general surgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), urology, and urogynecology
- Leadership opportunities include being a part of Shared Governance councils
- A supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities and specialty certification
- Leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting nurses in reaching their professional goals, excellent practice, and collegial relationships
Average 3 shifts per month
1 weekend shift per 6 weeks
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- CNOR certification (preferred)
- Minimum of one year experience as a Perioperative RN or completion of a Perioperative Nurse course
- Scrubbing or surgical assistant experience (preferred)
Last Edited: 11/07/2017
Location/Region: Richmond, VA