Job Code: 00448-39311
Nights (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors Hospital, the Forest Campus, is a 340-bed Trauma II facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, ranking 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Please hear what recent hire Ashleigh has to say about working at Henrico Doctors' Hospital ER - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTrTIajmxaY
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
2. *Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
3. *Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
4. *Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
5. Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
6. *Demonstrates Leadership and Professionalism in nursing practice
7. *Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality
8. *Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval.
Preferred - One year experience in Emergency services.
Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a bachelor of nursing program.
Last Edited: 11/20/2017
Location/Region: Richmond, VA