We’re looking for amazing people! Come join VHDA as an Associate Accountant.This important role will be responsible for managing the majority of VHDA’s accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense management and credit card administration processes. Responsibilities will include:
- Processing and payment of vendor invoices and internal payment requests for funds from programs administered by VHDA
- Processing check and electronic deposits including balancing the various bank accounts daily
- Perform oversite and processing of expense reports and employee reimbursements including balancing the employee expense module
- Administer Credit Card Programs on behalf of VHDA
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations as they relate to the major responsibilities including classification of all disbursements for the authority
- Facilitate training and education of applicable systems for VHDA associates and contractors. Participate on team projects and other related duties
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or possess equivalent work experience. Extensive accounts payable, processing payments and vendor maintenance experience is required. Ability to recommend and/or abide by internal controls with proficiency in tax accounting/reporting is among other duties. Additional experience should include:
- Accounts receivable and cash receipt processing and controls as well as a background in expense management and credit card program administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft products; enterprise resource systems
- Strong proficiency in all types of communication, especially written; and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and XM (Infor) expense management is desirable
VHDA is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.vhda.com/careers
This position will close at midnight on December 20, 2017.
Hiring Range: $ 41,867 – $ 54,427
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.AA
About this company
Since our creation in 1972 by the Virginia General Assembly, VHDA has helped Virginians attain quality, affordable housing through public-private partnerships with local governments, community service organizations, lenders, developers and others. We provide mortgages for first-time homebuyers, as well as financing for apartment communities and neighborhood revitalization efforts. We teach free homebuyer classes, support housing counseling, and help people with disabilities and the elderly make their homes more livable. We also administer the federal Housing Choice Voucher and Housing Credit programs in Virginia. VHDA is self-supporting and receives no state taxpayer dollars to fund its programs. Instead, we raise money in the capital markets, and we contribute a significant portion of our net revenues each year to help meet Virginia’s housing needs.
Since our founding, VHDA has committed financing for more than 182,000 single family homes and 144,000 multifamily units.