The incumbent plans and execute department IT reviews in the field designed to assess compliance with the Company’s operating and financial control procedures. Monitor the Company’s computer network for mismanagement, fraud and inefficiency. Recommend changes when procedures or compliance is deemed inadequate to maximize the resources or opportunities of the company and/or safeguard Company assets. This role requires business understanding and discretion. Works with auditors and management to recommends operating changes or financial procedures and internal controls by identifying exceptions to established norms.
Conduct IT audit examinations with staff and review results in compliance with the Institute Internal Auditors Standards. Develop audit programs to address audit plan risks identified. Create workpapers in support of audit work. Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
* Review to ensure work is in compliance with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization (US GAAP, The Brink’s Policy and Procedures and local key regulatory requirements).
* Be systematic and logical in the approach to decision making, ensuring that facts and information are available and accurate. The decision making is astute and carefully considered.
* Develops recommended changes in existing operating and/or financial policies and procedures to correct actual or potential deficiencies or improve internal control.
* Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
* Assist in various administrative tasks for the department.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)