We are looking for a Brewery Supervisor to join our Stone Brewing Team at our Richmond, VA facility. This individual will need to be able to work a flexible schedule including the 2nd (afternoon) shift as well as possible weekends.
The Brewery Supervisor will supervise and coordinate sanitation and operation of all packaging and brewing/cellaring equipment to ensure quality and efficiency. This individual will also assist in packaging, sanitation, brewing and cellar procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Supervise all packaging, brewing and cellar operations:
- Maintain consistent excellent quality of packaged beer. Evaluate performance of the operation, and make improvements to procedures, equipment, or work practices to elevate the quality of the packaged beer.
- Assist in planning and execution of required packaging with Packaging Manager to plan packaging schedules efficiently.
- Maintain clean, sanitary and safe packaging systems.
- Provides assistance with the training and development of SOPs and inventory system.
- Maintain and verify inventory of packaging and sanitation supplies.
- Provide continuous process improvement of the packaging and sanitation operations by enhancing existing procedures, developing new procedures, and recommending upgrades in equipment.
- Identify and correct maintenance issues.
- Complete and submit all required accurate written reports.
- Supervise brewhouse, cellar, and filtration operations to process beer according to the schedule and priority. Performs quality assurance and sensory testing according to Stone Brewing SOPs.
- Work with Brewing and Packaging Management to coordinate and prioritize all required production activities on the assigned shift (including cleaning, brewing, cellar work, centrifuging, filtering, and packaging). Makes arrangements to cover team absences so tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Assign tasks and prioritize activities of team members on the shift, including coordinating packaging and filter activities to avoid conflicts.
- Ensure beer required for packaging is ready when needed.
Supervise Packaging and Brewing teams:
- Assist in performance and conduct expectations for the team, and maintaining accountability.
- Assist managers with regularly scheduled Performance Evaluations for team members.
- Determine staffing needs.
- Ensure safety compliance for team members.
- Assist in developing and managing safety training, job training, and cross training programs for team members.
- Develop team members’ skills to assume greater responsibilities within the organization.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university, preferably in a science or engineering related field. Brewing education preferred. At least 5 years of directly related experience and/or training in a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably beverage packaging (beer, soda, milk, water); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have at least 2 years of supervisory experience. Previous bottle, can or keg filling experience is preferred. Must have strong mechanical and troubleshooting aptitude and understanding of packaging equipment and experience performing changeovers on equipment.
Stone Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check, drug screening, and physical are required.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)