Henrico Health District
BECOME OUR NURSE MANAGER
HELP IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF HENRICO
The Henrico Health District is at an exciting time for its nursing staff. While we continue to provide a broad range of clinical services, we are also in the process of redefining roles for our public health nurses as we review Henrico’s Community Health Assessment (CHA) and develop our Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) in concert with Virginia’s Plan for Well-Being.
- Provide leadership and expertise in public health nursing servings as a member of the Program Management Team and directly supervising 3 nurse supervisors and the WIC program supervisor
- Assess and ensure the efficiency and quality of clinic operations, assist with developing and monitoring nursing program-specific budgets and procuring and managing grants
- Incorporate and emphasize evidenced based population health strategies in nursing programs as guided by local community health improvement planning and Virginia’s Plan for Well-Being.
- Perform direct nursing service to patients in clinics, homes, schools, and/or the community, and provide after-hours on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Requires licensure as a RN by state code
- Full-time state position with benefits including health insurance and retirement. Typical work hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm. This position works at all 3 Henrico Health District locations as it supervises staff and programs at each.
Things you may not know about Henrico:
- A historically rich and diverse county undergoing tremendous growth and transformation
- As part of Metro Richmond, ranked in the top "Places to Live in the USA" in 2017 by U.S. News & World Report
- 12% of the population is foreign born, representing 110 countries
- Ranked third in the state for business announcements and second in the number of new and retained jobs in 2016
Visit our website at henrico.us/health for more information on our programs and services. The job application link is in the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Location/Region: Henrico, VA (US - 23228)