Department Mission Statement: The mission of the Gemaire technical support and training group is to provide expertise, knowledge and solutions to our contractor base through personal contact by dedicated Technical Support Representatives.
Job Summary: Employees in this role provide technical support, technical training and sales support to Gemaire customers in alignment with company objectives. This routinely includes providing customers with information on the proper application, installation, operation, service procedures and handling special warranty situations for the HVAC equipment lines distributed by Gemaire. They communicate clearly with a positive attitude to encourage best practices and highest customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide remote technical support regarding product installation and service issues via telephone, fax, email and other electronic communication methods.
• Provide on-site technical support regarding product installation and service issues through personal direct interaction.
• Encourage development of Gemaire customers by explaining the correct product installation methods, product service and diagnostic methods, and overall best practices.
• Assist in scheduling, promoting and finalizing of technical training classes.
• Teach technical training classes produced by Gemaire and the various equipment manufacturers as directed by the class syllabus and manufacturer guidelines.
• Provide support to the Gemaire sales group objectives by working with local and regional sales representatives. This can include activities such as joint calls to key customers and speaking or presenting on various topics at trade shows or open house events.
• Act as a first point of contact or liaison between Gemaire customers and HVAC equipment factory representatives. Especially when dealing with special warranty issues, manufacturer program support or end user (consumer) support cases.
• Assist in equipment manufacturer product quality escape resolution and program administration for the HVAC equipment lines distributed by Gemaire.
• Conduct investigations related to insurance or warranty claims with direct supervision from the Technical Support and Training Manager and the appropriate equipment manufacturer representatives. May be required to assist in providing litigation support (expert witness).
• Submit regular activity and expense reports. Maintain accurate records and prepare detailed reports on manufacturer equipment issues, field service visits and training class attendance.
• Perform other duties as required to meet the overall goals and objectives of Gemaire.
• HVAC technical service skills typical of minimum 5 years direct industry experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate, proficient with Microsoft office suite.
• Prior instructor/training experience
• Some overnight travel required
• Valid motor vehicle driver license and reliable transportation (must have clean driving record for at least the last 3 years, including no suspensions, restricted licenses, or DUI's and no more than 1 moving violation within any 1 year period).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: NATE service certifications preferred
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description.
Gemaire Distributors is a fully owned subsidiary of Watsco, Inc. (NYSE: WSO), the largest network of HVAC distribution businesses in the US with more than 560 locations company wide. As one of Watsco’s four subsidiaries, Gemaire distributes top-quality HVAC/R equipment and supplies from more than 90 locations in ten states including Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Alabama, Louisiana, California, Nevada and Arizona.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)