Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. Business Consultant/Business Consultant Senior (hiring level based on experience) This preferred locations for this position is Richmond, VA, Louisville, KY and Virginia Beach, VA but other locations will be considered. The Business Consultant is responsible for translating moderately complex and varied business needs into application software requirements. Possesses full technical knowledge of most phases of systems and business analysis and is able to consider the business implications of the application of technology to current and future business environments. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- May lead teams of analysts assigned to complex projects.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs.
- Analyzes and designs solutions to address complex and varied business needs.
- Consults with business partners concerning application and implementation of technology.
The Business Consultant Senior is responsible for translating most highly complex and varied business needs into application software requirements. These needs typically involve a significant expenditure or cost savings and impact a wide range of functions. Also, provides expertise to lower leveled consultants. This is the highest level in a career progression. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides expertise to lower level consultants on the analysis of business needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address the most highly complex and varied business needs.
- May lead teams of analysts assigned to the most complex projects, typically those of highest importance and impact to the way in which we do business.
- Analyzes and designs solutions to address varied and highly complex business needs.
- Requires a BS/BA degree.
- 8 – 10 years of business analysis experience, which should include analysis, project management, working knowledge of mainframe computer, hardware and operating systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel maybe required.
Business Consultant Senior
- Requires a BS/BA degree
- 10 + years of business analysis experience, which should include analysis, project management, working knowledge of mainframe computer, hardware and operating systems
- 3 + years’ experience as a Business Consultant with project management skills; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel maybe required.
- Healthcare, EDI (X12), digital product management experience (ie member/provider portal) highly desirable
- Product Owner/Product Manager experience preferred
- Experience with Agile methods preferred
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and proven ability to be an innovative problem solver
- Must be high energy, self-starter with ability to effectively prioritize various work streams
- Must have ability to accommodate evening and/or weekend implementation activities
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)