Perform tasks involving physical labor at water and sewer residential, commercial and industrial sites. Operate a variety of hand, power and diagnostic tools. Clean and prepare sites, install, maintain and troubleshoot pump systems, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in water, sewer, storm, and site construction projects; perform manual work in preparing pipeline installation and repair.
- Respond to service calls as coordinated by dispatch and supervisors
- Complete pump station and septic system maintenance checklists
- Assist in material orders and inventory management.
- Maintain a clean job site: pick up all tools and equipment and secure job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- Load and unload trucks and haul and hoist materials.
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed. Bring problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Industry knowledge of water and sewer pumps, controls, systems: Installation, Maintenance, Repair
- Confined Space Training
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy/highway construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Education, Training, & Experience Requirements:
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to sewage, dirt, dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license prior to employment.
- Must be willing to obtain VA DPOR Sewage System Operator License during employment.
The Lyttle Companies began as a local plumbing company which today includes all facets of the water and sewer infrastructure industry. From residential repairs to the largest of municipal wastewater projects, Lyttle maintains its local community-based values as it builds influence to cover the entire Atlantic seaboard.
Location/Region: Richmond, VA (US)