This is a skilled industrial electrician position. This position requires skills in trouble shooting and maintaining industrial automation and controls. Trouble shooting skills around identification of faults, determination of whether the issue is electrical or mechanical and repair of problem (whether electrical or mechanical). This position requires working rotating day/night 12-hour shifts.
This is an hourly position. Compensation is negotiable and based on experience.
- Troubleshoot and repair defective equipment.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical control systems associated with industrial machinery.
- Assists fellow maintenance personnel, and contract integrator/engineers in the installation, trouble shooting and repair of equipment.
- Installs, programs, trouble shoots, and maintains AC and DC drives.
- Installs, trouble shoots, and maintains AC and DC motors.
- Trouble shoots Programmable Logic Controls via maintenance software with laptop computer.
- Experience with the following a bonus: Rockwell drives, Lenze Drives, Bosch Drives, AB Control logic PLC, AB drives, Siemens drives, Siemens S7 & S5 series PLC.
- Must be familiar with and understand the proper use of the test instruments used in this position.
- Ability to read and draw schematic diagrams associated with ladder logic, electrical device installation and function.
- Willing to be on-call for emergency repairs and to provide assistance on PM days.
- Able to lead a group of people to accomplish a specific task or project.
- Understand the NEC (National Electric Code) and how it applies to an industrial environment.
- Must understand and comply with Company Safety Policies and actively participate in enforcement of these policies.
- Must complete forklift training and maintain a forklift license.
- Must be able to work for extended hours (16hrs) when necessary.
- Responds to calls from the production departments and communicates with group leader / supervisor as to what the call is for.
- Clean up after work performed and general housekeeping of the shop area.
Minimum experience required: Electro-mechanical maintenance in an industrial manufacturing environment, PLC troubleshooting (Allen Bradley or SIEMENS), Working with electrical up to 480v, Industrial Automation: grounding, harmonics and transient overvoltage, Industrial Controls, Motor Controls on high speed production equipment.
5 + years maintenance experience with mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and PLC. Three years’ experience in the electrical trade, including completion of an apprenticeship. Knowledge of the practice, methods, tools, equipment, and materials of the electrical trade. Knowledge of applicable electrical codes. Skilled in the use and care of tools and equipment used in the electrical trade. Skilled in locating and adjusting defects in electrical systems and equipment. The ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and to read and interpret electrical schematics, sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- High school or equivalent
- Training and/or education in logic controllers, electrical circuits, hydraulics, and pneumatic systems.
Dominion Packaging, Inc. was founded in order to provide quality products, excellent customer service, and low cost in the folding carton marketplace. We print, die cut, and finish packaging for multi-national quick service restaurants, tobacco companies, and various food and beverage conglomerates.