ProductiveAV is currently seeking a Production Manager in Richmond, VA. The position will involve managing staff and equipment for small to large scale audio-visual systems in a corporate and/or entertainment environment while ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certificate is required.
- 3-5 year(s) of audio-visual experience or equivalent in a corporate or entertainment environment is preferred.
- 1-3 year(s) of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- 1-3 year(s) of supervisor experience with a crew of 10+ staff members and contractors.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for team members that may operate Company vehicles.
- ETCP rigging certificate preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Foundational understanding of IT systems.
- Passion to work with clients and create a positive customer experience.
- Self-disciplined with strong organizational skills.
- Successful team management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
Equipment Operation, Security and Maintenance
- Ensure a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of audio-visual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section. Understands the technology being utilized for each job and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues. Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
- Supervise security, inventory control, transportation and maintenance of equipment (ie. audio, visual, rigging, lighting, etc.) Ensure all employees are properly trained in all areas.
- Strive to exceed the expectations and needs of the client and their guest. Maintain a positive relationship with the client through effective communication. Meet with client virtually or onsite to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly. Monitor events and check in on client and their guest throughout the event. Understands and fosters the Productive AV + client relationship.
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment for all team members. Manage performance, address employee concerns, maintain adequate staffing levels, and facilitate team development. Lead by example in portraying a polished, professional image according to the Productive AV handbook.
Productive AV Systems Knowledge
- Understand company processes, follows procedures and completes system entry and paperwork accurately. Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike. Interacts with client and their staff for equipment needs.
Technical Qualifications: Familiarity with the following equipment and systems is required:
- Line Array and Point Source Systems
- Wireless Microphones Systems
- Audio Recording Interfaces
- Press Box
- 48+ channel Mixers
- Push to Talk Systems
- Communication Systems
- LED Video Wall Systems
- Video Switchers
- Meeting Room LCD Systems
- Video playback/record systems
- VTC Conferencing & Cisco WebEx Systems
- Podium Lighting Cross
- Television Lighting Standards
- Basic Focus
- Basic Dimming and control
- Basic Electrical and Signal Flow
- MS Office (Excel/Word/PP)
- IP Addressing knowledge
- IP Address Set Up in Windows OS/Network Printers
- Knowledge of DHCP / Static Addressing
- Manual and Automated Rigging Systems
- Understanding of chain hoist and truss systems
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Ground Supported Equipment
Team members will be in contact with high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may work in multiple locations including medical facilities where procedures will be viewable on preview monitors. Working times include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines (hair length, facial hair and attire) as defined by Productive AV.
Fast growing company with over 15 years experience in the specialization of commercial audio/visual installations.