Dibert Valve and Fitting Co., INC. is the authorized distributor for Swagelok in the Maryland, DC, and Virginia region. Swagelok, a $2B organization, is a global developer of fluid system components for a variety of industries, which include oil and gas, alternative fuels, power, shipbuilding, biotechnology, advanced research, and semiconductor.
Dibert Valve and Fitting Co., INC. is making an addition to our Operations team by hiring a Custom Solutions Supervisor in our Richmond, VA location. The Custom Solutions Supervisor efficiently oversees and manages our custom assembly operations and manages the efficient flow of information between Sales, Customers, and the production department in order to provide accurate quote and order documentation for custom assemblies. This role provides solutions that demonstrate our values, brand promise, our full capabilities, and our focus on customer experience.
· Provide leadership, support, and direction to Custom Solutions team, consisting of four (4) associates responsible for the development of technical drawings, proposal generation, assembly, and logistics for custom assemblies.
· Continuously develop technical competency regarding Swagelok products, services, and related applications and industries. This includes recognizing complimentary products and accessory items.
· Effectively manage team members workload and prioritize workflow, ensuring efficient allocation of resources quote and order fulfillment strategies.
· Collaborate with customers, sales team, and Swagelok to develop proposals for Custom Solution assemblies.
· Review customer diagrams and drawings (i.e. P&ID) to ensure proper components are procured and assembled within customers’ desired timeframe.
· Ensure Custom Solutions opportunities are quoted and/or assembled according to organizational guidelines, policies, and quality program.
· Evaluate associate performance, provide feedback, and coach continuous improvement to facilitate productivity and personal development of direct reports.
· Continuously review manufacturing and assembly processes to improve efficiencies and adhere to the organizational quality program.
· Execute reports to monitor organizational and individual productivity and efficiency
· Establish and maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors to source customer specified non-Swagelok components.
· Cooperate with management team to develop, implement, and execute strategic goals.
· Collaborate with department supervisors to promote and develop best practices, balanced growth, and adherence to organizational policies.
· Communicate in a clear and professional manner to help solve customer problems via telephone, email, in-person, or fax.
· Demonstrate creative thinking when approaching challenges.
· Direct requests and elevate unresolved issues to the proper resource.
· Engineering Degree
· Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
· Strong mechanical aptitude required
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAP experience a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to work in a team environment and lead associates towards a shared vision
· Detailed oriented, results focused, with the ability to manage a variety of tasks
· Industrial/Mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
Founded in 1956, Dibert Valve & Fitting is the authorized supplier of Swagelok products and services for the Virginia/Maryland/DC region. Our headquarters is in Richmond, VA and we have branch offices in Frederick, MD and Norfolk, VA.