Our client seeks candidates for a Senior Software Systems Engineer position. Position responsibilities include supporting a SCADA system used to operate and monitor the distribution electrical grid and other assets. A broad knowledge and/or willingness to learn a variety of skills from configuration, programming, automation, business operations etc. will be required.
- Support SCADA system across client's electrical grid.
- Connect new technologies to existing SCADA system with a variety of protocols
- Plan, design, implement, enhance and maintain complex system for managing Power Generation.
- Monitor and tune performance of SCADA system
- It is essential the successful applicant be a highly motivated self starter that can and will be responsible for their work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Works fairly independently, this role formulates or defines specifications for complex software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing code.
- Responsibilities include working with an application dealing with the overall operating system and complex in operation and activities.
- Candidate works at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Candidate is responsible for working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments.
- C Languages experience Required 4 Years
- VB.Net experience Required 3 Years
- C++ languages experience Required 3 Years
- C# experience Required 3 Years
- VB Script Required 3 Years
Astyra Corporation is an staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
Location/Region: Glen Allen, VA (US)